09 August 2005

Day XXXVII

Since starting JWJ, I have received a fair amount of feedback. Some say it's hilarious and cute, some offer funny stories about The Kid, some bitch if I don't fulfill my daily entry.

Thanks for the encouragement. Thanks for the recaps. Let's nix the crabbiness.

Here's a story from my mom:

She's noticed that Jack's all about making sure things are in the proper place. If the lid of the wipes are open, he'll stop what he's doing to shut it. If something that has a lid isn't covered, he'll cover it.

Last week she watched J for us with my grandpa. The two boys were on the floor playing with oversize pop-beads and foam blocks. G-Grandpa started to clean the toys up when they were finished and accidently mixed the beads in the block container. Jack quickly noticed and fished out those items that weren't supposed to be there and put them in the correct container.

To follow that:

Last night while he was toddling around with his pops, he noticed a loose battery on the floor. So he grabbed a remote control and put the battery in the right spot.

Now that's genius.

Sleep update:
I will swear by Spock until the day I die. The kid has slept in his bed since I found that article online. Apparently it clicked for all of us -- even Husband who now realizes it's OK for Jack to cry for 30 seconds. (That's what it's down to... 30 tops. Mostly he just rolls over and sighs.)

No comments: