30 August 2005

Day XLVII -- 17

Want to say Happy Birthday to Jack's godmother and Aunt. She's officially older than I am (until January) and I know someday I am really going to like that fact.

***
Thanks to generous donations from family, friends and co-workers I am just dollars away from my grand total of $2,100! Great news here! Now I just need to step up on my training. (Get it? Step up? Not funny, I know.)

***

Jack continues to go through the "SCRREEAMING" stage. Hopefully this ends soon because his high-pitched-hasn't-gone-through-puberty-yet screech is slowly destroying everyone around him. Although at school he is apparently an angel who gets all the other kids to play together. Thanks, kid, for saving the best for the 'rents.

Yesterday when I went to school to pick him up, I spotted him playing in the kitchen with the one and two-year-olds. (He isn't permanently in this class yet because he refuses to walk.) There he was standing with only socks on (refused to wear shoes) playing away with plastic fruit. When he noticed me he threw both hands above his head and yelled, "Hiya MA!!"
And I immediatley said back, "Hiya Jack!"
And when I scooped him up, he immediately gave me a quick hug. Then he pushed away to wave furiously to all his little buddies.

Today when Husband dropped himoff, the kid was excited before he even got out of his carseat. He was cheering and clapping as they walked through the door and took off to his friends as soon as they got in the nursey.

Husband has decided Jack likes it there better than home.

No comments: