31 August 2005

Day XLVIII -- 16

Jack will never be able to use the "peer pressure" card with me. If, at 1, we are unable to make him do anything he doesn't want to do, then he sure as hell won't be able to convince me at 16 that his friend, "made him do it."

Today at school they had an "IDENT-A-KID" program visit. It's a great idea. For $10, they take a mug, fingerprint, weigh and measure the kid. Then they put all his information on an identity care to keep in your wallet. That way if, God forbid, you get separated the information will be easy to collect for authorities. We bought a package of four cards... we can each have one, give one to the g-rents and have one for visiting sitters.

Today when I called school to check on my baby, they told me Jack wasn't really interested in providing any sort of cooperation.

In fact I think her exact words were: "He was a stinker."

Each child is required to get his or her picture taken -- it took several tries.
Each child must stand still so they can measure him or her -- it sounds like it took several people to assist on this goal.
Each child must get weighed -- he was not interested at all.
Each child is fingerprinted -- that was the easy part.

Secretly, I am a little happy he decided to show this side of himself because I think those girls just thought I was a sh*tty mom.

No comments: