24 August 2005

Day XLV -- 23

Apparently Jack is the class clown. His teachers tell me that he will do anything to get the other kids to laugh. And when the babies cry, he takes it upon himself to calm them down. Every person I have shared this bit of info with have had the same reaction, "Gosh, I'd love to see that!"

Today was his first full day at his little school. Between football season and the book, Husband needs at least one complete day without the child. As it is, he's planning to stay at work until 1:30 a.m. for the second night in a row. He's been up and working since we left at 7:30 a.m.

I am very torn about this decision to put Jack in all day -- even if it is for only one day. I declared before having him that I never wanted a daycare kid. And even though they have a steady curriculum and he usually only goes for half days, I still worry. I debated hiring a in home nanny-type for one day a week now that both sitters we used this sumer are going back to school but do I really want some stranger taking care of him? Of course the girls at his school were strangers six months ago. Would it be better for him to be home all day (sitting around or watching his tapes) or playing with other kids (and being exposed to dirt and germs)?

I hope we are making the right decision.

No comments: