12 August 2005

Day XXXIX

Today I went home for a while to try to get the cat in his cage to take him to the vet to put put to sleep. I was already upset about it but I don't know what else to do -- we can't find anyone to take him.

So tell me, how many people does it take to get a fat cat in his carrier?

Apparently more than three adults and one baby. The cat now remains a troll in the basement. If
anyone wants him please shoot me an email because otherwise we are calling animal control... I am not joking either.

While I waited for Husband to take a supposedly quick shower so he could help me, I had a chance to sit back and really watch Jack play. It's amazing to me to see how much his fine motor skills have improved and how observant he is now.

His godparents/aunt&uncle got him this contraption that involves balls, a maze, and a small motor that blows the ball around for his first birthday. He loves it. The toy has several balls that it came with and Jack will not hit it to go until he has all the balls.

I watched him gather them all -- under the kitchen table, in the toy box, under the couch, under the chair -- and diligently drop each one in. He'd slam down the start button, laugh and cheer as they blew back and around the maze. He'd then begin the process again. (In the middle of this all he noticed the wipe box was open so he made sure to stop and click it closed.)

After watching him for a while, I noticed that he'd forgotten the orange ball. Everytime he was refilling the ammunition on his toy, he'd not include the orange ball. So, I got down on the floor with him and tried to show him his mistake. He ignored me and continued to reload the machine with the other balls. I handed him the orange one and he tossed it away. I couldn't understand why he didn't want the ball. Then I realized. It wasn't a ball that came with the toy. It was a ball to one of his walkers. Very smart.

I figured, who cares if it's not the right ball? It would still be fun. So I tried to put in the machine. He shook his head no and grunted.

Guess what? It didn't fit.

No comments: