02 August 2005

Day XXXIV

Is it Friday yet?

I have driven to the D too many times in three days. Jack is at the G-'rents and I have been commuting back and forth the last few days rather than just leave him there all week. The good news is that Husband is coming home from his Chicago conference today. The bad news is I still may have to drive down there again because he may not be home until late.

Jack reigns king at their much, much bigger palace so he just may be a wee bit disappointed to come home to reality in our teeny townhouse.

Don't worry about poor little Jack though this weekend will be spent in K-Zoo with Husband's family.

Hopefully I will get sometime to do laundry between now and then. I need a vacation from this summer.

New development from the weekend: "Ga"

Meet my dad now referred to as "Ga" -- loudly and often.

Go to the 'rents house and you will see a one-year-old shrieking in delight everytime "Ga" enters the room and breaking down into hysteria if Ga has the audacity to go potty. He chases after him if he leaves the room.

"GA-GA-GA"

I know it sounds like I am making something out of baby talk but I have witnesses. You ask Jackie where "Ga" is and his little index finger points right at my dad.

Mom and I tested him too many times apparently because yesterday he sighed and rolled his eyes when we asked and then leaned into Ga to take him away.

No comments: