22 August 2005

Day XLIV -- 25

As my life gets messier and crazier, the blog gets shorter and less creative. Deal.

Jack is continuing to prove to be a gem/hurricane.

Last night around 3 a.m. he decided it was time to get up and play for the day. In my stupidity, and delirium from walking 15 miles yesterday, I thought a quick snuggle with what used to be "the magic hold" would send him quickly to sleep. I told Husband to go back to sleep and I would take care of it.

At 4 a.m., Jackson was taken downstairs to get him away from pulling my hair, poking my eyes, smooshing my cheeks together as he attempted to kiss me(but it's really more like biting) and singing in my ear.

At 6 a.m. I woke up to find Husband was not in bed and Jackie was not in his bed either. I stumbled downstairs because 1) my vision is poor and 2) my body is poor to find them both spread out on the loveseat snoring in rhythm. In another moment in time I may have found the whole scene heartwarming. This morning? Not so much.

I had 45 minutes that I fully intended to spread to a full hour and 15. Luckily, I had showered the night before and my clothes were already laid out. That gave me even more time. After hitting snooze for about 11 times, I snuck outta there quickly the boys sleeping in the bed.

At 9 a.m. Husband called. Jack got up at 8 a.m.

We both agreed today at lunch: caffeine isn't a strong enough stimulant.

Hey, did I tell you that I just bought a house and I need to sell mine by Sept. 30? Funny, don't you think? And did you know that Husband starts traveling next month and I have two out-of-town conferences and a 60 mile walk?

Really looking forward to my 7.5er tonight. REAL excited.

No comments: