20 June 2005

Day X

I foresee Olympic gold. I am betting on a Nike endorsement, People's Sexiest Man issue and a glamorous girlfriend. The kid is a water genius! The Michael Phelps of 2022.

He fought putting on his swimmer diapers. He fought the navy blue swimsuit. He wasn't thrilled with the application of the sunblock. But once Grandpa stepped into the pool with him, he was intrigued. Then Grandma got in. After one round of "Motorboat" Jack was sold.

He was kicking! He was splashing! He was flapping his arms around in a loose stroke. And he was laughing. (Luckily it's all caught on tape so when the Olympics roll around they can use it for his biography.)

He wasn't even upset when his face dipped into the water. Sure, he coughed a bit but he jumped right back into the swing while clearing his sinuses.

Grandma is thrilled. She's planning on early morning swims and long days in the pool.

***

Can we talk about how cute my offspring is? I know, I know everyone says their own child is cute but I have proof. I get stopped in the mall. I get stopped in the grocery store. And yesterday, I got stopped in church -- twice. One lady followed me to the back lobby -- she actually missed mass to come to the back to tell me about how much she admired my child. She went on to tell me that she breastfed her kid for 18 months but so what if she was crazy?! She was friendly and Jack twinkled his eyes at her!

The other lady poked me in the ribs during the "Our Father" to discuss him. Later, she poked at Husband to reiterate her thoughts on "the most handsome child" she'd ever seen. And it wouldn't seem like that big of a deal except she was sitting next to four grandchildren of her own!

ON A SIDE NOTE:
I know I am not supposed to talk about his sleeping pattern anymore but I think my Dad is the "Baby Whisperer". He got Jack to not only sleep in the crib, but stay until morning. Last night? Yeah, Jack was up @ midnight and back in bed with me. When Husband got home from the Pistons game at 3 a.m. he tried to put Jack back in his bed.... instant wails.

Another week begins.

No comments: