07 June 2005

Day II

Jack had a little rash on Sunday but I just figured it was from the 90 degree weather. After all, it was probably the first time he was really exposed to heat. Husband panicked and put the air on so cold it could have snowed in my living room. I tried not to worry about it and convinced myself it would get better.

Yesterday the rash was worse.

The thing about being a new mom is that you really don't know what the hell you are doing about 80 percent of the time. When I called the doctor I knew in the back of my mind she'd scoff when she saw him, tell me he was fine, and send me on my way. But the forever worrier in me knew I wouldn't rest until I had concrete answers.

We took him in last night. I was right. She scoffed and told me he'd be OK. Good news. But he does have a stomach virus and sore throat. Apparently when babies are sick their immune system can react in different ways. His reacted with the rash.
The rash is very bad.

No comments: