17 June 2005

Day IX

First want to give a shout out to Auntie!! It's her 24th birthday!! (Jack took her role as the baby in the family.)

Husband made me promise not to talk about the sleeping issue anymore. He says we are too consumed by it. He made me swear I wouldn't mention the fact that Jack woke up last night (morning?) around 4 a.m. ready to go for the day. I promised I wouldn't talk about the baby tossing and turning all night and pulling my hair. Nope. Nada.

Husband had to cover the blasted Pistons again last night so that left me and the kid to fend for ourselves again. Jack had a great day at school -- but no nap. That made me happy because I thought he may actually sleep.... Oh! Wait! Going down that road again...

Anywho, the two of us drove around town a bit as I decided what to eat for dinner. He sucked down a bottle in the back while I debated. The little food demon in my head told me to go crazy but I thought about the impending weekend in Troy, my parent's pool loomed over me, and I opted out. I really wanted mashed potatoes at Boston Market but I got corn. I question if that is even healthy but whateves...

Fairly boring night. Talked to no one on the phone. We watched Sesame Karaoke. It's pretty cool because they have great old songs from the days on McKinley in GP like "Ladybug Picnic" and "ABCDEF..." (The song that Big Bird sings thinking the alphabet is one word.) Then we practiced standing for a bit. He wasn't into it. I put new batteries in all his toys which thrilled him because everything now lights up brighter and is much LOUDER. I realized that most of the annoying toys are from the 'rents. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!

I was a little worried about dinner because he has been so darned picky. I cheated a little by choosing peas. There is nothing Jack loves more than peas. Peas it is!! I thought to myself. I really wasn't in the mood for a battle. Then I grabbed the jar of chicken dinner. I couldn't remember if he liked that but I knew I was golden with the peas. Worse case scenerio I would just drench the stuff in the peas. He'd be none the wiser.

Oh, but I forgot he doesn't really like things mixed. Luckily, he didn't hate the chicken dinner. He didn't love it but it wasn't that bad.

I believe he inherited the anti-mix thing from my maternal grandmother. My Nana was very particular about many things ... no food temperatures could be anything less than fresh from the oven before she would eat it; no food could touch other food on the plate; and if she didn't like the present you got her she'd say, "Oh, is this in style now?" Classic. :)

It's funny to me that I can see traits of a great-grandparent (especially one who passed away before he was a twinkle in my eye) in him. He's very smart, sharp-witted really -- my Papa. He's a cuddler, my Gramma.

I guess you could make a case for nearly all of his traits. He's very mechanical -- which could be my Grandpa. He's a problem solver -- like all of them. Stubborn as hell -- wait? I have no clue where he got that...

No comments: