11 July 2005

Day XXI -- 18

It’s getting kind of hard to fill this blog. I have come to the realization that our life here in suburban Lansing is far from eventful.

This weekend: trip to Subway and rented a movie Friday; walked 6.5 miles and went house hunting Saturday; and Sunday we took a long afternoon nap and walked three more.

Jack fought sleeping, he ate well and he continued to “uh-oh” his days away.

I may be in some trouble with my walking partner. Saturday’s walk may have done him in. We’d planned a full 12 miles at least and about mile 4 he was d-for-done. Jackson decided he didn’t want to be pushed in his stroller anymore… he wanted to be carried. So Husband and I struggled through the last two miles pushing the empty stroller and carrying the 25+ pound sack of potatoes. He was fine after that – Mommy and Daddy not so much.

Saturday he barely made it a mile and a half before he wanted O-U-T! We stopped in Walmart -- he likes to stare at the strange people who inhabit the store -- and I was able to get some minimal errands done. I picked up some b-day presents for him (he really didn’t notice) and dropped off film. After the "rest" in Walmart, I was able to push him the 1.5 miles home.

We promised ourselves we would have his college fund set up by his first birthday. We even met with our accountant about two months ago to learn about our options. We have 18 days to get that rolling. Will it happen?

I still need to buy party favors for the other kiddies, decorations, Sesame Street plates and cups and decide: BBQ or Pizza? I need to touch base with Grandma about our game plan for the big event and decide on an outfit for his one-year-old portrait. Oh! I need to set that up, too.

Oh how my life has changed. Out: lazy happy hours, fine dining and last-minute weekend jaunts. In: early rising, painfully organized trips and staying at home a lot.

No comments: