29 November 2006

55

Thanksgiving over. Jack didn't eat any of the food and refused to sit at the table at any meal for more than 5 minutes. He did like pumpkin pie. What a surprise there.

Husband is off to Boston for the next 36 hours so it's just me and the kid. This morning he had to get up at 7:30. That's a shock for my college lifestyle kid. I was able to change him into his clothes for the day without him waking up. When he woke up, he could barely open his eyes and said to me..."Mama, what's wrong with my eyes?" He was soooo tired. He started crying about school before we even left the house. This all day deal is a big shock to my pre-schooler. He's usually there for 5 hours tops. That includes lunch and outside time.

I made the mistake of going to his old teacher in the "Baby" room. The teacher in the pre-schoolers room was a sub so I assumed that he'd rather get dropped off to her. I guess that's why they say assuming makes an ass out of you and me. He flipped. "No babies! No babies!" (The kids in that classroom are newly 1.5 and 2. Jack is only 2 and 4 months. Apparently, that extra 4 months means a lot.)

He was so mad at me for taking him in early. Really, he should have been mad at his father, right? My last image of him was his crunched up face yelling, "No more work, Mama! No more work!"

Don't I wish. It's pretty harsh to learn about reality @ 2.4 years old.

No comments: