22 November 2006

54

Jack has moved on from Lion King. Finally, right? Well, that's not exactly true. He still loves his lions he just may love Lightning McQueen and his car buddies more.

This past weekend the 'rents came up to help me with some fix-ups around the house and some Christmas shopping. Along with that, Dad decided Jack needed some new toys. Lately Jack has been carrying a replica of "Lion Queen" aka Lightening McQueen. So Ga decided he needed some of his friends. Enter Tow Mater.

If you haven't had the pleasure of watching Disney's CARS, it's a movie about a Nascar who wants to win the big race. Tow Mater is his redneck best friend with a country accent. It's very stereotypical, of course. Mater is a buck-toothed rusty tow truck who is also a little slow. Jack loves him. Here's the kicker -- the point of this story --

Ga handed Jack the truck. He was thrilled. He's got Lion Queen in the left, Mater in the right. And he introduced them to each other.

"Hi Lion Queen, I Mater the Truck."

In writing it's not so amazing or fun. I wish I had an audio option. It was all how he said it. He had the accent. My little blond haired preppie Okemos boy said ...

"Heyyyy Lion Queen, I May-ter the TroughK.'' (Not technically phonetic but you get what I am saying.)

It was hilarious!! We were all dying of laughter. He's too stinking smart. He remembered the accent. Crap, he even noticed the accent! It was awesome. He was even talking out the side of his mouth just like the character and showing his pearly whites. I wasn't sure if it was a fluke so I asked him again.

"Hey, Jack. Who's that?" pointing at the ugly little guy.

"Mama! That's May-ter the TroughK.''

I have to get this on tape. Every time my parents talk to him they tell me to tape him. And every time we say we will but then we don't! Maybe Ga will get him on tape this holiday weekend. My brother and I used to do fake radio shows where he would interview me and we'd pretend to be other people or just talk about our lives. I would love to hear those now. (I am sure a lot of people would love to hear those now.) Most of them ended with him teasing me until I got mad or cried or a solo of "Sweetest Taboo" by Sade. My brother was always a ham.

No comments: