11 December 2006

56

In Jack's world there is no Santa Claus.
Nope, he's known as "Fanta Claus" in these parts.
And there's no correcting Jack.

Everything Christmas related is now "Fanta Claus."
Lights... "Look, Mama! Fanta Claus lights."
Evergreen trees... "Look, Mama! Fanta Claus tree!"
Wrapped gifts... "Look Mama! Fanta Claus happy tu-tu!"

We watched Rudolph this weekend. And unlike last year where he fell asleep, he was estatic to watch it on TV. He was jumping on the couch and left a vivid message for Ga telling him "Ruldolph Red Nose" was on TV. (Mind you, we own the program. Last year, his aunt got it for me because it is my favorite. He has seen it a few times over the last year and recently watched it like 3 times in a row. But there's just something magical about seeing it on CBS.)

Christmas is only 2 weeks away now. Insanity. Spent the weekend as sick as ever. I didn't even go to work Friday. I suppose it could be all my travel for work. It could have been the nasty hackers on the planes to and from Jackson, Miss. who sat right next to me. It could have been because my flight home was delayed 2 times and then the cab took an hour to get me home. Not sure.

I am now about 40 percent done shopping. I was thinking I was done but I have no idea why. I am done for Jack. That's it! Of course, I keep adding on to his list for him. We still have our secret Santas to tackle and all those helpful people who say they don't want anything but they know we are still going to buy for them so by not saying what they really want it just really adds to the process. (You know who you are...)

We had planned to go to the mall to visit Fanta Claus this weekend but I just couldn't peel myself off the couch or bed. That's the plan this week -- between shopping, cleaning and working. We'll see how it rolls out.

No comments: