02 December 2007

59

Quick hits.

** The other morning, Jack crawled into bed with us making the total number of occupants to be 4... Daddy, Brennan, Jack and Mama. He laid there a moment hugging me. Then he sat up and looked as his family lined up like sardines. He turned to me and said, "Mama, we need some more grils around here." (grils = girls.)

** Brennan has been laughing out loud for some time now. It's amazing the first time you hear the pure squeal. And now, the three of us trip over each other to get him to laugh more.

** Jack is brillant -- of course. We're very conditioned to compliment him when he accomplishes tasks. We reinforce him, help him to grow more and more confident. The other day I caught him doing it to himself. He was playing on his Thomas computer and he got an answer correct and I hear... "You're so smart, Jack!" and then "I know! Thanks."

** How do I know that Brennan is Irish? The kid raises one eyebrow. Good thing we went with the Irish name. It's a tribute to Nana for sure... she and Ma: wicked brow raisers.

No comments: