12 December 2007

62

So, you may have noticed I changed the name of my blog ... again. I wanted it to be creative and fun but still reflect the boys in the blog. Then the other night during a late night feeding, I thought of this.

It was right after a recent "amazing" trade that brought every Tiger's fan to tears. This is the year apparently. It's the magical summer that my husband, brother and everyone else from the Mitten state have dreamt about since 1984 when the team mantra, "Bless you boys!" was born.

And my decision to make this change was confirmed the other night when friends in from LA., but Michigan natives, discussed it with Husband with such passion and fever I thought more tears would be shed. The men's eyes (and woman's) twinkled with delight at the thought of the Tigers having the season they've waited so long to see.

And, at the same time, it's appropriate because my boys are blessings. And they deserve blessings. I can only hope and pray that they are blessed with an outstanding life; one that will make them happy.

So this one sticks. I am finally ready to let JWJ go. I only wish I could incorporate the OLD ENGLISH font into the title. If anyone knows how I can do that, let me know.

And even though the thought of watching all 500 baseball games this summer makes me cringe, I know my boys will someday enjoy the crack of the bat, the kosher dogs and the summer evenings with their dad, grandpas, uncles and cousins. That image is something I can't wait to see. Two little boys decked out in Tigers gear, mitts in hand, learning how to keep score.

That's a blessing.

No comments: