19 December 2007

63

So, we're less than a week away from Christmas and I think I am strangely prepared ... of course, that worries me. Who did I forget?! I hope boys have a great day and aren't disappointed. I think Santa will be good to them.

Of course, if Jack was more committed to the potty, he'd be getting the flying helicopter we promised him. He's got about five days to accomplish that. Will it happen, folks?

Speaking of the potty, he was recently taken to the restroom by his Ga. He did a great job. He told me he had to go, Ga rushed him into the bookstore facilities and he then proceeded to talk to Ga about how to swirl. I really don't know where he comes up this stuff.

The other night when he was eating dinner and out of nowhere Jack turned to his Dad and says, "In the summer I want you to paint this room red."
Daddy was zoned out and I asked him what he had just said to make sure I understood.
"This room. It needs to be red," motioning with his hand in a circle (reminiscent of a flight attendant).
I asked him why.
"We've got a lot of white," he said shrugging his shoulders. "We got white in here. We got white in there. We got white in there. We got too much white."
"But," I reminded him, "The bathroom is blue."
Unimpressed, he shrugged. "This rooms needs to be red."
I suggested someday we painted his room red. That seemed to appease him -- as long as we didn't paint Brennan's room red.
"Daddy! Daddy! JOE!" he said, growing louder. "We need to paint this room red!"
"Red, huh?" he asked not really looking up from his computer.
Good luck, I thought.

No comments: