25 February 2008

73

My baby's first tooth appeared this weekend. And it's darn sharp. It's a teeny-tiny weapon of mass destruction. I tied to get a picture of it, but yeah right. The boy will not allow me to keep his mouth open long enough. Soon enough his teeny-tiny tongue popped out and then tons of drool.

Oh, my, does the boy drool. Drool strings can stretch from his mouth to his toes. Literally. Because, you see, he enjoys chewing on his toes. Of course, he enjoys chewing on everything -- and anything and everything. His blanky, his sleeves, his bibs. If you wrap him up in his favorite blanket for a nap, without fail you'll find him gnawing away at it 15 minutes later.

He just such a good baby. It's amazing. So laid-back, so smart, so coordinated. I mean the kid could grab anything you put in front of him. The other day Daddy was eating fruit loops and within seconds, the boy had grabbed a purple loop and shoved it in his mouth. Soon a soggy, purple mess was all down the front of him.

His coordination just blows us away everyday.

And he's gorgeous. Stinking gorgeous.

There's no person he loves more than his Jack. 99 percent of the time it's only Jack that can get him to calm down on those rare occasions that he gets upset. All Jack needs to do is start howling the Spider-Man theme song and dance around a bit and Brennan's toothless, goobery smile and laugh come out. I really, really need to get it on camera. And he gets kind of angry if anyone sings the song besides is bro.

Speaking of that guy, Jack has announced he'd like to name a doggie Peter Parker. But he plans to call him Parker. And he needs to be black and little like Teddy. It's a priority for him these days. And when Daddy said no, he's already announced he plans to discuss this "Great idea" with Santa Claus.

The conversation went kind of like this: The two were lying in bed talking.

"Hey Daddy! I have a great idea!!"
"What's that, Jack?"
"We should get a doggie. And we should name him Peter Parker. But I will call him Parker."
"We don't want a doggie, Jack."
"Yes, we do."
"No, we don't."
"I do. Brennan does. He told me. We want a little black doggie that will run and play. He will be my best friend."
"Maybe when you are older ... on second thought, it's just not a good idea."
"Yes, Daddy! It's a great idea. I will talk to Santa about it. He will get me my Parker."
"Oh, yeah?"

No comments: