10 August 2007

39

Sept. 10
  • It's the 253rd day of the year.
  • In 1608, John Smith was elected president of the Jamestown, Virgina settlement.
  • It's the day baseball legend Roger Maris was born.
  • In 1963, 20 African American students first entered the Alabama public schools.

And it's the day Baby Rex will arrive. We've scheduled his birth.
9.10.07.

He will be born on St. Nicholas of Tolentino's feast day. He is the patron saint of animals, babies (sounds like a good thing), and souls in purgatory. And coincidentally, Nicholas is on our top five list for names right now.

We went to doctor yesterday and between his potential girth, my kidney issues and Joe's schedule, a planned induction was the way to go. There is still a chance I will have to have a C-Section but I really hope not.

And I also talked to my Dr. about having another ultrasound and she basically shot us down. She said in 25 years, the ultrasound technician has never been wrong. Well, that's fine. I guess will have to just see. I don't care if Rex is a boy or girl but now the suspense is difficult. I am betting we will be a house full of boys. But who knows?

Jack is in good spirits about the baby. He told us he's planning to show the baby his trains and play with him. He still insists Rex should live at Ga and Ma's house but we just try to ignore him when he says that. His world is about to be rocked. No more sleeping with his 'rents and staying up late. We need to get these kids on a schedule so I can make it through.

So this entry begins the countdown: Today is Aug. 10 ...
We have 31 days.

No comments: