04 February 2009

118

The boys and Grandma Rex went to K-zoo to visit with family and go to a Portage Central game. They left when I was still at work and were home very late ... so late that Jack crawled up the stairs and straight into bed.

Tonight was the first time I really got the debrief on the trip.

He went into great detail about his second cousins ... Carly and Carly's brother who I had to remind him over and over was Evan at which he would say ... yeah, Evan, I know that.

Funny quips ...

On Casey ... the senior in high school playing
"Mama! When did he become a man?! I mean he's huge and old. How did that happen so fast? He ... is ... a man!"

On Evan's friends ...
"His friends were super fun. We made jokes. But one of his friends is dumb."
"Dumb?"
"Yeah the boy in the blue shirt ... really dumb."
"Because he was mean to you?"
"No. He was just dumb. He didn't get any of the jokes."

On Carly ...
"She's got long hair now and she looks like a man."
"A man?"
"Yeah. She's tall. I started at her shoes and looked up and up and up. She's a man!"
"Do you mean woman?"
"Yeah, that's what I said."

No comments: