28 June 2007

34

I have had this recurring dream that our baby is actually a girl for the last few weeks. I know it seems unlikely considering either you see it or you don't on the ultrasound but it leaves me uneasy. Husband thinks I am crazy, and maybe I am. I am just saying that's what keeps happening in my dreams.

Today I had my 28 week appointment. I took the test to see if I have diabetes. I would be shocked if I did. Although, considering this pregnancy, nothing should shock me.

Everything is great, the baby's heartbeat is strong, my weight is on target, and to quote her, he's measuring "BIG." There's no surprise considering his brother's size and his new cousin.

We loosely picked the date for induction. It will happen the week of 9/10, the day has yet to be determined. It will basically depend on what days my doctor is on call. It sounds crazy to schedule his arrival but with the football gmes ahead, it's a must. Plus, now we'll be able to figure out when my parents need to come to watch Jack. She wants to do it during the week so that when the Pitt game comes, the baby and I are already settled and my parents can be here for support. The following game is Notre Dame, away, but it's been promised that it will only be a day trip. We'll see how that rolls.

I also mentioned my dream to my doctor. I don't really care, I just want to know for sure. She laughed and said, we'd find out in September. Sucky. I was hoping she'd toss me a bone and order another ultrasound. There's a possibility I can have another, but only for medical reasons. And then she said, "Maybe your third will be a girl." That made me shiver. I just don't know at this point if I could go through another pregnancy. It's been tough on all of us, including Rex and I don't know if I can deal with this level of worry. However, I always thought I would have three, so only time will tell. I may forget how difficult this has been. Then again, the blog isn't going to make that too easy.

No names as of yet. Maybe will just drop all of our current choices and go with Rex. Would that be so bad?

Or... there's a couple in New Zealand who is fighting to name their baby 4Real. The government denied the name because of the numeral.

Sure think the grandparents would be excited by 4Real.
"These are my grandsons, Jack, Freddie and 4Real."

Cute, real cute.

No comments: