27 June 2007

33

Another year of the blog has passed without much fan fair. It's now been 2 years of Jack's life recorded. My own e-baby book. I am not sure how to merge this with Rex, perhaps I will dissolve this blog all together.

However, being the second kid in the pecking order in my family, I know it's not really fair that Rex will have to share his blog with his brother. Technically they should each continue to have their own. "Rex Roundup" and "Journeys with Jack" may just be too much for me to manage. Would I just cut and paste the same entries just to fill the page?

We'll just have to see.

Yesterday Jack and I went to the mall to get measured for his tux for an upcoming wedding. he is starring in two events this summer. I am a little nervous about his debut because the church is very large with a looong aisle. But my friend isn't concerned in the least. Let's hope she remains upbeat when he either a: refuses to walk down the aisle b: screams MAMA!! and runs up to me on the alter or c: won't keep the tux shoes on.

'Cause the kid didn't like the tux. He didn't really like the jacket and sure hated the tux shoes. They were really cute little patton leather dress shoes with ties. He kept taking them off. He thought his Spider-Man tennies would do fine. That could be a problem.

This wedding could make or break him. It could be a great trial run for Stina's big day or it could make him say "Oh hells no" when it comes to her event.

And how do I prepare him? Maybe I should get him a little book or something. It's just the not the same for boys as girls. The flower girls for both events are thrilled at the prospect of the big day. Dressy dresses, flowers and foo-foo hair. Jack would rather play Spider-Man and dig in the dirt. He's perfectly happy barefoot, messy hair -- being a boy.

***
A big yipee on the arrival of Margaret June "Maggie" Hudson. The State News multiples!

No comments: