10 March 2006

Thirteen

It seems somewhat ironic to me that today begins the most hectic/insane period and I am posting #13. Let' s hope it's not a sign.

We closed on the house in Okemos Wednesday. That night we managed two loads from the old house and then had to pack Husband for his weekend. Last night, I unloaded one car and parked the other (filled to the brim) in the garage. Jack wasn't really interested in me doing any unpacking or unloading and of course he had a stinker diaper while we were there.

Today, the g-rents arrive so they can let in the plumber and cable guy. Dad has to detach the washer and dryer at the old house so when the movers come tomorrow they can take it. This morning I wrestled with the cable box and couldn't get it to let go of the VCR so I just took both, still attached. They must have tools, right? I wonder if they need a TV to set it up? We'll see I guess. @#$^ I didn't even think of that until just now... Dad will know. Tonight we sleep at the new place on air mattresses. Let's hope the b-ball team loses so Husband can come home to help.

Jack is having a blast in the new house. Of course there's no furniture now so he's kicking his ball around -- through the living room, into the dining room, in the kitchen, in the family room and again. Then he flies up the stairs and into the room he picked and giggles... and then he goes again. The kid is in heaven.

Sunday I leave for St. Louis until Thursday. Husband will likely be gone the entire week as well. Jack goes to T-Town. Good luck to Ga and Ma, I say!! I am worried about being gone so long. He's a bit of a Mama's boy and I want to keep it that way.

No comments: