21 February 2006

Ten

This past weekend we went to Sesame Street Live at the Foxx Theater. We went with the cousins and their kids all under four -- a party of 11. Let me just say, I think for the adults the show wasn't on stage but rather in the audience and on our laps.

Jack was oooing and ahhhing throughout the first half. He was shaking his hips and dancing up a storm. Of course he was sitting with Grandpa because, afterall, Ga is his favorite person. He sat and stared and barely blinked, jamming popcorn in his mouth. And when it was time for the intermission, the whole theater deflated. Jack turned to us with his hands up in question and said ...

"Where's Mo?" (Mo -- that would be Elmo.)

Then, in sign language, he began to say "More." "More." Immediately, we told him Mo had to take a break but he'd be back. Luckily, the theater piped Sesame Street music overhead so I handed him his bottle and he waited patiently dancing along to the music from, "I gotta new way to walk."

Let's just say the plot wasn't award winning. And the human element was strange. And there were three new muppets introduced we didn't like. We were all disappointed to see Grover wasn't a participant. But it was so worth it.

Last night, my grandpa called and talked with Jack on the phone. Jack was jabbering away telling him that we went in the car to go see Mo. Obviously, it was slightly less clear but both my Mom and I heard him say it. Honestly.

New updates on how smart he is: For President's Day, he was in the D with my parents. These examples are from his Ma. Please remember is not even 19 months old.
  1. He saw an ant in the kitchen. So, saying "uh-oh" he ran into the family room, grabbed a tissue and then ran back to try to kill it. (Ma did the dirty work.)
  2. He opened the refrigerator door and pointed to the Pedisure shake and said, "More."
  3. He turned on the computer and went on the Internet (with some assistance from Ma.)
  4. He completed many commands including putting things away where they belong.

1 comment:

Chargenda said...

hey there. You should check out my friend's blogs. Both Dustin and Casey, whose blogs I read every day, have blogs and are in Sesame Street Live. My friend Dustin was the human in the show. And two other blogs I read went to the show...small world.