13 February 2006

Eight

Ugh. I am so sick right now. So is Jack and Hubby will soon follow I am sure. I have been sick for the majority of winter. I think I have have had one complete week so far since September where I wasn't stuffed, bloated, nauseous and everything else.

All I can say is: Daycare is rough! I can only hope Jack and I will build an immunity to this crap that is floating around. Ever since I had mono a few years ago, my body can't even handle the common cold without it turning into something full-blown. It's unbelievable. Of course, then I am the jerk who comes to work with it.

Interesting update: We bought a house this weekend. I know, I know we've done it before but this time it's not contingent on our selling our house (although someone is going through it tonight so cross your fingers). The inspection will be sometime this week so let's all hope this is the one. We drove by it for the 80th time last night and we all agree it's perfect for us. I will only post the picture and details after I know it's a for sure thing.

Chicago was fun. I think Jack may have scared his aunt and uncle out of having children of their own because he is so frickin' active! He was all over the place -- playing with poker chips, going through cabinets, throwing stuff down the stairs, touching their new HDTV flat screen. He wasn't really being bad he was just excited to be in a new place. He did let them hug him a few times which surely gained him some brownie points.

This week kicks off the most ridiculously busy time for us. Hubby leaves for Iowa tomorrow morning (he just got back from Minnesota yesterday). This weekend we head to the D for Sesame Street Live with all the cousins. The next weekend Hubby goes to Indiana. We close on our house March 8. On the weekend Hubby goes to the Big 10 tournie. Jack and I go back to the D and I fly out for St. Louis for week on that Sunday. The first round of the NCAA starts (hopefully it will be at the Palace). I get back the 16th and then have the 17th off. That Monday, the 20th, I fly to NYC for a conference and hopefully Husband will be home in time. I fly back from NYC *hopefully* Tuesday night and Hubby leaves for Round 2 of the tournie, location unknown. I don't know what my plans are for Jack and I (unpacking?!) The next week is the Final Four. I go to Myrtle Beach for a bachelorette party and Hubbie's mom is coming up. And that rolls us to April.

Could we complicate our lives more?

No comments: