17 February 2006

Nine

Well, I got my plane tickets for NYC yesterday for a trip I am making the Monday after I get back from St. Louis for a week. Yup, our lives are about to go from boring suburban to insane.

Is it bad that we are half way through February and I have only written nine posts for 2006? I'd say, yes.

Interesting news on the house: Needs a new roof and some windows replaced. So apparently we are cursed. And apparently I will be living in my small townhouse for the rest of my life. Hopefully, Jack won't mind cramming into a house with only one full bath. If we have any additional offspring, we'll just throw them in Jack's room because it's big enough for that ... just kidding! I guess I will just never get to set up my grandmother's dining room set or actually enjoy the things that once belonged to my maternal grandparents that are currently in a box in my parents basement. No, really, that's cool.

I am being overly dramatic. I know I am. But it's so tiring and hard to buy a house. The fun of it is over. I hope this house will work out and we can come up with some sort of compromise with the current owners. There is no guarantee. And I know there are other houses out there but I already pictured us filling up this one. I saw Jack running through the living room, into the dining room, through the kitchen and then the family room only to repeat it as he squealed out in joy because he had some where to run. Next winter I saw Jack riding a little bike around the basement. I even (gasp) saw Baby #2 in what would be (I want to say her for some reason) bedroom. My mom and I had already come up where furniture would go. I already knew how I would set up Jack's room. Ahhh!

We'll see what happens.

Today we head back to the D. Husband and I have to get some precancerous moles removed (yes, we are old and very,very white). There's a game Saturday but then Sunday... we are going to Sesame Street Live!! I can't wait! No, it's not because I have a love for Elmo and the gang but I just can't wait to watch Jack react. We are meeting up with the Grosse Pointe cousins. I hope he has the time of his life because the next few weeks are going to be rough on him.

No comments: