04 November 2005

Day LXIII -- 16 days

So Husband left for Purdue today. That leaves me and the kid alone for the weekend. It should be interesting since Jack's teething right now. It's amazing how much getting a teeny molar really throws him out of wack. Of course the fact that he refuses to nap at school really doesn't help much either.

For the entire week he's come home from school and slept through the night. He may wake up for an hour or so, grab a bottle and nod back to sleep. Last night he couldn't resist the Ritz Bits cheese sandwiches I offered him though. It's his current favorite (also a fav of mine). But instead of chewing on them, he sucked them until they disappeared. I know it sounds disgusting but I thought it was quite brilliant of the boy.

Speaking of brilliance. He's found his nose. And now we annoy him to death asking him about it. "Where's you nose Jackie? Where's your nose? Show Mama your nose... Show Daddy your nose..." He will actually start messing with you if he thinks you're talking about it too much. First he'll point at ours. Then he'll laugh and poke at his eye. Then his mouth. I think he thinks we're morons.

***

Verbage update:
"OK" (He said this the first time when I said, "Jack, let's go upstairs and take a bath.") It was awesome.
"Let's go!" (This really comes out when we are stuck in traffic or I am dilly-dallying at Meijers.) "Let me out!" (This happened this morning when Husband tried to pin him in. He wanted to follow me out the door as I left for work.)

No comments: