27 April 2010

153

Had another doctor's appointment yesterday and things are looking great. Baby Girl Rex is growing and her heartbeat is strong. It was the first appointment where the doctor measured me from the outside and she could feel the baby. Super exciting.

And when the nurse checked the heartbeat my baby girl kicked the monitor each time knocking it off of her and forcing the nurse to reset it. I had a fun time with it because I could feel her kick and then hear the impact and see the results. Basically she was saying ... you poke me, I poke you back. Makes sense.

Brennan is blossoming in his talking. It is incredible! Every day Joe and I are amazed at what he says and how much he has to say. For Jack, it seems like he talked the moment he came out. And for B, he's like he feels like he he's got catching up to do. Now if I don't answer him with more than a nod or mmm-hhhmmmm he immediately says to me ... "No, Mama! Talk!"

Last night he explained how to use a remote control car to his brother and dad with such authority we were all blown away. His sentences -- 7, 8 words including words well beyond his age. It's so exciting.

Oh, and he's a wee bit obsessed with going to big boy school. He's wearing his backpack all the time -- even to bed! Let's hope this love for school carries through graduate school. :)

Jack's reading is growing more each day. Every night we tackle pages out of his readers ... readers about Spider-Man, Batman and Indiana Jones. Hey, if he'll read 'em I will buy him. Last night was the best night yet ... a whole page with no help from me and no stumbles. And these Level 1 readers are no "Dick and Jane" ... they've got some tough words in there.

We're on a roll. The kids are healthy; Joe is home. Looking forward to a busy spring celebrating baptisms, birthdays, home projects and weddings while gearing up for my nameless daughter. Life is good.

No comments: