19 April 2010

152

We have exciting news around the house ... we have another baby on the way. No not Baby Girl Rex, but Brennan's new baby in his belly. Yes, he's informed us he has a baby girl in his belly too! How exciting (and amazing) for everyone. Apparently August will be a very busy month with two new babies around the house.

Brennan has also told us he's excited to "honk, honk" the baby's nose and play piggies. These are his two most favorite things to do to people lately -- and he has no problem doing it to anyone with exposed toes or a nose within arm's length.

The name game is full effect and everyone's got an opinion. The boys, the extended family. And I have decided (though Joe disagrees) we will not formally announce the baby's name until she arrives. I kinda just don't want to hear everyone's "ideas" ... She's my last baby, and my only girl. I want to enjoy every moment of the process.

But I will throw you a bone and give you the rejects.

This weekend Jack bumped Lauren from the list because he told me that he's not a fan of the letter L.

"The LLLL sound just isn't pretty.''

It's fine anyway because I wasn't super thrilled that it's an English name. I mean the English are fine and all but I watched Michael Collins this weekend. I am Irish afterall.

Jack has also suggested Dorothy. I have no idea where that came from ... he has never watched Wizard of Oz and he's too old for Elmo's fish Dorothy. (Thanks for the suggestion, but we'll have to pass, buddy.)

And just in case you're wondering ... I am painting her room pink. A faint, delicate pink. And I really don't care if you don't like pink. My baby, my house. And I have always wanted a pink and green room.

Went to the doctor's this morning with some aches and pains. I will find out Wednesday what kind of infection it is ... for sure an infection just not sure where it's coming from. I need to remember all of these things that happen so when my girl is preggs I can assure her the "normal" side effects. I had myself worked up over this (damn you Internet research) ... and it's not nearly as bad as I had imagined. (Thank God ... and big surprise there.)

No comments: