02 March 2009

123

Jack woke up last night around midnight and told me that dynamite had exploded in his left ear. Tears and moaning later, I Motrin-ed him up and put him back to bed. Of course he's sick, Joe is on the road.

This morning he told me that he felt fine and wanted to go to school. So I sent him. Because I am a working mother ... go ahead judge me. But he really acted fine. But minutes after sitting down at my desk I reconsidered and called his doctor. They had availability at 4:30. Sign him up.

By 11 a.m. and two big meetings later, I was heading back to school to pick him up and drop him off so I could shoot back to work to hit two more meetings and then shoot back home to pick him up and take him to the doctor. Did I mention Joe is on the road?

Alisha texted me. Her mother was in a head-on collision, was in the hospital and she wanted to go to her. This is another good reason to never live more than 2 hours away from my 'rents. Mom was able to jump in her car and head to EL. She's thankfully here until Wednesday. And she's making me some yum-yum dinners.

I ended up working from home. Working from home seems like a great idea and maybe it would work if both kids weren't sick. Brennan was all over my business and Jack just wanted to watch Madagascar 2 again and again and again.

Luckily Ma arrived and could entertain so I could jump on my calls and get Jack to the doctor. Even by this point he told me he was fine ...

Double ear-infection fine. Did I mention Joe is on the road?

****
Jack asked me if God invented the world, who invented God. He seriously asked me this. He is four. I had no answer for him. So, I had him ask Ma. Her answer: God just is. And he accepted this. "God just is" made perfect sense to my 4-year-old.
Then he turned to her after glancing at me and said, "Grandma, how come you know so much more than us about God?"
Way to call me out.

No comments: