28 June 2006

28

Lion! Lion! Lion!
RRRRRrooooaaaaRRRR!

How many times a day do we hear that?!

Jack has discovered the wonderful world of Disney. And for the first time since I can remember he's choosing something besides Elmo.

Lion! Lion! Lion! -- When we get home from school. Lion! Lion! Lion! When he's avoiding bedtime. And then yesterday when I pulled up to the video store (to return Lion King) he immediately shouted, LION! LION! and pumped his fist.

We have rented the frickin' Lion King, Lion King 1 1/2 and Lion King 2 too many times!!

Yesterday stood in the kids section for nearly a half an hour and he just kept going back to it. I tried to get him to want Robin Hood.
"Look Jackie," I said. "A fox! A bear! Isn't that so cool?"
Unimpressed, he handed it back to me.
Then I tried Lady and the Tramp.
"Look Jack,'' I pleaded. "A doggy! See the doggy?!"
"Ohhh! Doggy! Woof-Woof!" he said smiling.
(I added that to our pile.)
Then he spotted Curious George.
"Monkey! Monkey!"
(Grabbed it. I thought things were going better.)
"Lion?! Ma...ma... Lion?!"
I told him Lion was night-night. I know I know it's cruel but give a guy a break! I know every line, every stupid joke. Husband and I can sing every song. (Although, Jack HATES it when we sing. He moans and cries like we are torturing him. He doesn't like it when we repeat lines. He points and yells no at us. He's already embarrassed and unamused by us.)
So then I saw an American Tale. Remember that? Huge when I was a kid. I grabbed it. I figured he would like the music.
Then I grabbed some for me because Hubby is working late practically every night this week: Rumor Has It starring my Jennifer; Grey's Anatomy first season and Pride and Prejudice.
The two of us pile back into the car and drive away. A dinner discussion begins.
Honestly, I am ashamed to mention the only thing he will eat these days. He is being so STUBBORN about food. I starting listing options. Each received a flat no from him. Then a song came on he liked. We jammed out.
Finally home and settled, dinner cooking Jack turns to me and says, "Lion?!"

No comments: