10 August 2009

135



The summer is drawing to a close and I am hopeful it will be a memorable one for the boys. Although I am envisioning Jack's teacher asking him what he did the whole time and his answer being something like ... "Actually, nothing."

But really it was ...
'Cago trips. Each and every time we pull onto Lakeshore Jack reminds us that he's moving to the Windy City after college. His reminder usually goes something like ... "Just so you know Mama ..." or "I just realized how much I love this city."

Trishie's wedding. Great times. And even though he was disappointed there was no ring for his pillow he had an outstanding time dancing. We recently watched the wedding video and he turned to me and said ... "I really thought I was a better dancer." Of course brilliantly funny and such a true statement about life.

Baseball Tigers. We went as a family, kids in tow. All three were amazing. And I got my Granderson shirt in the correct size. Ga made sure to keep the snacks and treats coming and his grandsons appreciated every over-priced item. Jack really wanted ice cream and got his Ga to take him to the bathroom only to get up by the food stands to let him know ... "Actually, I just wanted ice cream." Pretty smart/scary.

Rex visit. The boys enjoyed their week-long Land of Milk and Honey overload with their grandparents. This included two trips to K-Zoo, an evening with the boy cousins ... leading to wrestling, throwing and sweaty fun and several nights of Carla ... you know who you are! Thx 4 teechin me how 2 txt, bby!

Lake rats. Spent the weekend up north with the Darnells. Jack told me on the way home ... "Hey Mama! I have a great idea! You should buy that house so I can go to the lake whenever I want."

You know what? I can't remember what else we did. Crap! I am no help.

Wait! We got a swing set. That's pretty awesome. And my Jackie-Jack turned five. I am not sure how that happened. I feel like he should still be teeny-tiny.

Jack learned our complete address ... and our cell phones. And for some reason he still thinks I work with R2D2 instead of remembering the actual company name. Kinda a funny, I guess.

B's vocabulary grows with each passing day. He now copies every word EVERY WORD he hears ... Noah, Freddie, Jackie, Buddy, Tera ... throw them at him and he's going to say it and say it clearly and use it again. It's very exciting.

Jack and I spent the afternoon pouring over a costume catalog for Halloween ... you should see what he picked out for Brennan!

No comments: