26 March 2007

13

R2 at 15 weeks ... only 25 more to go!
At around 4 inches long, crown to rump, your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help the air sacs in his lungs develop. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If you were to shine a flashlight at your tummy, he'd be likely to move away from the beam. If you're scheduled for an ultrasound in the coming weeks (most women have one between 16 and 20 weeks), you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! Don't be disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down the gender depends on how clear the picture is and the position of your baby during the ultrasound; he may be curled or turned in such a way as to keep you in suspense.


I thought I'd share the wonders of pregnancy considering Husband doesn't want to know. He gets squirmy every time I try to tell him what's going on in there. It's pretty amazing and really, when we saw the baby at just a little more than 10 weeks, I couldn't believe how much had already developed.

I think I may have felt the baby flutter last night when I was being lazy on the couch. Coincidentally, I got an email today that said second time moms could start feeling movement this early but first time moms would think it was gas. What I felt was definitely a little kick. Very exciting.

We're now debating about finding out the sex. I am iffy. He is adamant that we will. I am torn. This could be our last baby and wouldn't it be exciting to hear "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" and be really, truly surprised? I know it's still a surprise when you find out at the ultrasound but I just don't know if the impact is the same. I have always hated people who chose not to find out. I am a firm believer in being in the know but now I am (maybe hormonally) changing my mind.

The only thing that makes me think we should is that I have zero girl items. I'd hate to get a bunch of green stuff and then have a girl. My next appointment is Thursday and then the next is the ultrasound. We'll see who wins...

In Jack news:
His vocabulary continues to grow, hysterically.
He's way into asking why. Apparently we use the word "because" a lot because he often answers us with "Beeecccaauuse, I can."
And if I tell him to be careful, he looks at me, holds his hand up and says with a sigh, "I know, Mama!" That kid has a lifetime of hearing me telling him to be careful and he's already sick of it at 2.
We continue to work on the essentials with him, name, age, parents names, and the new one: city. We drill him all the time but with everything going on, we haven't worked on Okemos in a while. But yesterday, Husband threw out the question. "Jack, where do you live?" and without hesitation he said, "Okemos!" It was a great moment.

No comments: